Brisbane Basket Brigade 2023 Volunteers - Southside DELIVERY DRIVERS and DISPATCH
The bags are packed, the presents are wrapped and sorted and now we just need some Brisbane sleighs to deliver our Christmas baskets anonymously to our Brisbane recipients, and of course some elves to load them.
Since 1995 the Brisbane Basket Brigade has been anonymously delivering food and present baskets to members within our very own community that may be doing it tough to remind them that someone cares at Christmas. You can volunteer to be a basket brigade deliverer or help load the vehicles before we send them on their merry way or BOTH!
Dispatch Crew - Minimum age for children in this role is 15 years old
Help organise the gift boxes and food baskets and then load them into the vehicles for delivery.
Perhaps you might consider helping load the vehicles before doing your own deliveries? Please dont hesitate to register for a dispatch crew time slot and your preferred delivery time slot. Don't worry if they clash, you will, of course, have the opportunity to put your deliveries aside until you have finished your shift.
Delivery Drivers (children are welcome):
- All deliveries for East, South and Outer West will be dispatched from All Hallows' School
- Please note that the times on the tickets below are the dispatch times from the venues. Please ensure that you arrive within your allocated time to ensure that the dispatch program runs smoothly.
- Delays/backlog on pickups are common at the start of a time slot but can happen any time and we thank you in advance for your patience.
- Drivers must be accompanied by another adult for safety reasons.
- 1 ticket = 1 vehicle for delivery. All the vehicle occupants are included under the 1 ticket.
- You will be requested to deliver baskets to 2-3 different families within a specific area or zone.
- We will endeavour to meet your delivery location requests, but can not guarantee this and appreciate your understanding. We need to make sure all those families in need receive their baskets before Christmas
- We will provide you with full instructions and a briefing prior to your allocated deliveries. This will include how to deliver your baskets, what to say to your recipients to keep it anonymous and what to do if your recipients are not home.
- If you really love delivering you are welcome to select more than one ticket, however, you will need to allow a minimum of 2 hours between tickets. i.e. If you select a 9am ticket then you could select another ticket from 11am onwards.
- If you have signed up for a RESERVE delivery spot we will notify you if we need your assistance with deliveries. If you do not hear from us please DO NOT come to the venue.
If you have any queries please reach out to us at BBB.Volunteers@magicmoments.org.au and we will get back to you.
All Hallows' delivery drivers must enter via Ann St entrance and follow the signs.
Dispatch crew can park in the Dodge Lane carpark.