Building Resilience - Future Now exhibition launch
Join us for the launch of Future Now where a range of experts will discuss their ideas about how we can create ‘clever homes’ across our region.
- Clever homes - The Future Now Exhibition - Dr Jenny Newell, Curator for Climate Change at the Australia Museum’s Climate Solutions Centre
- Does it cost more to build sustainably? – Dr Shailja Chandra, sustainability and climate change resilience consultant specialising in the application of Sustainability Rating Tools including Infrastructure Sustainability Rating Tool (IS Rating Tool) and Green Star Design and As-built tool
- How to manage construction and demolition waste – Michelle Wilkinson, AlburyCity Halve Waste Project Coordinator explaining how AlburyCity is helping to recover building materials from housing construction sites
- Building with innovative new building materials – Kieran Hayes, XLAM Senior Technical Engineer, presenting the features and benefits of building with engineered timber
- 10 star homes not so hard : people are looking for quality and comfort - Brendon Collins, Director of Lightwood Group, multi award winning builder of Elmwood Wodonga and first developer to achieve a highly coveted 10 star rating under the Victorian’ Government’s Energy Efficiency Scorecard.
Drop in and meet and greet with guest speakers open from 4:30pm for 5:30pm event start.