Business Camp in Perth
Your child can start a business in just 3 days!
This is a call out for young Aussies aged 7 to 15 years who want to make a positive change in the world through business and entrepreneurship!
In just 72 hours, your child will experience the highs, lows, love, and pressure that make up the ever changing world of business. They will meet the most amazing friends and mentors, along the way starting a business or social change movement. In addition to 3 full days, your child will also get:
- A SUPER COOL “I started a business this week. What did you do?” Business Camp Tee
- One-on-one mentoring session BEFORE Business Camp to discuss their goals and aspirations
- An EXCLUSIVE invitation to our Young Entrepreneurs Community
- Pizza Party on Day 3 of the Business Camp
Learn More: https://www.ase.edu.au/businesscamp
Dates: Tuesday, 26 September to Thursday, 28 September 2023
Times: 9:00am to 4:00pm each day
Location: St Catherine's College - University of Western Australia, 2 Park Rd, Crawley WA 6009
- Day 1: To kickstart the Camp, Young change makers will learn all about the importance of networking, negotiation and collaboration through team building activities. Students will then be guided through the ideation process and will identify a local community problem and brainstorm an innovative business idea to solve it - this will be the idea that they will work on for the duration of the Camp. Students will also have the opportunity at the end of the day to experiment with Virtual Reality!
- Day 2: Students will be introduced to the world of business and will learn about marketing principles to identify their target market and marketing mix. They will then participate in colour psychology and font psychology to help them design logos, flyers and posters for their chosen business idea. They will also create a business budget to determine the costs involved to start and begin planning for their exhibitions at the end of Day 3.
- Day 3: On the final day of Business Camp students will finalise their exhibitions and will participate in some soft skills and public speaking activities to prepare them for their final presentations in the afternoon. Parents, friends and family are invited to come along to the Showcase Afternoon to visit the exhibitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this for?
Business Camp is for anyone aged 7 to 15 with a passion for innovation. We'll split the students into 2 x groups based on age during the camp.
What do we need to bring?
You will need an iPad Pro or Laptop along with a packed lunch for Day 1 + 2. Most importantly, lots of ENERGY and a BIG SMILE.
Business Camp is an initiative of The ASE Group - a community-led and purpose-driven business for good that delivers education, entrepreneurship, and employment programs to young people aged 5 to 24 years. Our mission is to equip every young person with the skills, resources, and mindset they need to start a micro-business or enter the workforce, regardless of their postcode.
Learn more: www.ase.edu.au