Cacao & Dance
Join us Thursday 23rd March 5.30 - 7.30pm CWA Hall, 43 Gordon street.
Location is air conditioned, with timber floors.
This event has been designed to welcome everyone: if this is all new to you, you are welcome, if you feel a little uncomfortable but you’re going to come anyway, you are welcome, if you have never danced before or are a seasoned ecstatic dancer, you are welcome.
- We will start by sharing a luscious cup of Ceremonial Cacao together. The goal here is to settle in, feel comfortable, allow the cacao to open your heart and connect with yourself. (Ceremonial Cacao is chocolate in its purest form which activates neurotransmitters & endorphins, releasing happy hormones YAY)
- We will then move into some gentle guided movement, being cued to move different joints and stretch the body out, starting to feel comfortable moving.
- The music will then take you on a movement journey, varied slower and faster tempos.
- Keep in mind you can sit or lie down at any point, you can stand still or move as much as you wish.
- The space will only be dimly lit with fairy lights and salt lamps, to allow everyone to dance freely and uninhibited by bright lights.
- This will be a safe judgment free zone, to explore movement.
Come with an open mind and an open heart.
I know it can feel daunting to do something new, we are here to support you. I know it can feel scary to get out of the comfort zone, but that’s where the magic happens.
Do you feel like you’re too “in your head”, maybe it’s time to drop into the body. Tune into your body. Move it in a way that feels good for you. There’s no right or wrong way to dance. Just let yourself move.
Feel the freedom within.
** This will be a women’s only event
Can’t wait to see each and everyone of you there!
Caitlyn, Simona & Sophie xox
Sophie from @becoming_thelightwithin
Make sure you follow us all to keep up with future events.