Tickets for the 2023 Cadia Open Day have SOLD OUT!
If you are no longer able to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so your tickets can be cancelled and released to the waitlist. Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE as names on tickets need to match those attending on the day.
Tickets are not required to attend the Cadia Interactive Display Centre at the Orange Showground. The Interactive Display Centre will be open from 9am - 3pm. If you missed out on tickets, there will still be plenty to see and experience at this free event.
Newcrest Mining’s Cadia Valley Operations is excited to invite you to our 2023 Mine Open Day, a fun-filled day suitable for the whole family!
The day will feature:
1. A large, Interactive Display Centre hosted by Cadia staff inside the Naylor Pavilion at the Orange Showgrounds for guests to immerse themselves in all things mining. The Cadia Hill Gold Mine was officially opened on 23 October 1998 and this year's Open Day is celebrating our 25 years in operation. Visit our 25-year celebration display and learn about the latest cutting-edge technologies, environmental initiatives, mining equipment display, career opportunities and much more. Enjoy a BBQ lunch, live music, jumping castles, spilt milk ice cream, kids facepainting and loads of fun things to do either on your own or with your family. The Interactive Display Centre will be open from 9am - 3pm.
2. A free guided 2.5-hour bus tour to Cadia Valley Operations. Departing the Orange Showgrounds every 10 minutes, the tour will take guests on a comprehensive tour of the mine, taking in features such as:
- An underground mining experience at the Ridgeway portal
- Heavy vehicle workshop in action
- Huge mills used for ore processing
- Panoramic views of the Cadia Open Pit Tailings Storage Facility
The Open Day is a fantastic opportunity for the community to experience firsthand the mining operations of Cadia. It also provides staff the chance to showcase their workplaces to family and friends.
The Open Day is a free and wheelchair accessible event, however a gold coin donation per ticket is recommended, which will be donated to FoodCare Orange. Donations can be made when booking a tour online or on the day when boarding your tour bus or entering the Interactive Display Centre. Cadia will be matching all donations dollar for dollar with all the total funds raised being donated to FoodCare Orange.
FoodCare Orange is a food relief and food rescue social enterprise that provides access to both affordable and free food, groceries and household items for individuals and families experiencing financial hardship.
Please note Cadia is a smoke-free site and smoking or vaping will not be permitted on the mine tour or inside the Interactive Display Centre. Cadia's Fitness for Work Policy also requires visitors to be unaffected by alcohol or drugs.
Visitors must wear sturdy, enclosed shoes and long trousers to participate in the mine tour. If you require a wheelchair accessible bus tour - please send us an email at: email@example.com
For event information and a list of frequently asked questions, please CLICK HERE