Capturing your own nature story
Join our Rangers and Parks Nature Education Coordinator Jessica as they help you to write your very own nature story. As we become more aware of our bond with nature including the realisation that we ARE nature, have you ever wondered how to communicate your nature story to others? Or what your personal connection is with nature and national parks? Or perhaps what your role is in protecting our world?
Jessica will lead guided activities in writing, nature drawing and painting as well as time to contemplate in the bush. You will be invited to think deeply about your life but there will be no obligation to share your work or your story.
Notebooks, pencils and paints will be provided.
Who is this event for:
This reflective activity is aimed at people who are keen to explore their lives and nature in a bit more depth. This event is recommended for adults but may suit mature people aged 12 and above.
We will be walking about 500m on a wide soft path with no culverts or rocks. The surface is spongy and rough with mulch, which might make it difficult to push a pram, walker or wheelchair. The toilet onsite is NOT an accessible toilet. The closest accessible toilet is the public toilets at Foxfield Oval (1.6km distance).
There is a drinking fountain and shade along the trail.
Black Hill Conservation Park - Wildflower Garden, 88 Addison Avenue, Athelstone.
*Meet at the Friends of Morialta & Black Hill Conservation Parks cottage. Parking is available along Addison Avenue.
What to Bring:
- A photo (or information) of your favourite native plant or animal
- A small camping/portable chair or mat you can carry into the bush (there will be some rocks to sit on)
- Enclosed footwear, sun protection and appropriate clothing for the weather on the day
- Drinking water and snacks
- Your own notebook and pencils if you prefer
- Events may be cancelled at short notice due to unsuitable weather conditions or forecast fire danger. If an event is cancelled you will be notified by email and SMS. Where possible we will aim to reschedule the event to an alternate date.
- NPWS aims to provide inclusive events and activities for all, however some of our events do have specific requirements for participants. Please see the activity description and accessibility information to check if the event is suitable for you. If you require additional support to participate in the activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.