Carbon, Farming and Productivity Field Day
This field day will comprise some presentations at the Mudgegonga Hall and an afternoon in the paddock.
It is designed to look at the practicalities of farm emissions and what options there are for reducing them.
Speakers will provide practical presentations on what levers you as farmers have to minimize your emissions footprint and access supply chains that are looking for low-emissions intensity produce.
Some case studies and practical information will be supplied so that you can go away and consider some of these opportunities in your operation. Many of the terms provided by the media will be demystified and discussed as part of the day.
This day will discuss where things are up to with respect to farms and emissions. It will provide a chance to understand some of the main themes around the topic.
- Understanding what a carbon footprint looks like - Julian Carroll, Stellar Livestock
- Carbon Neutral supply chains and being involved - Mark Ritchie, Delatite Station
- Genetics and opportunities to reduce emissions - Christian Duff, Angus Australia General Manager of Genetic Improvement
- Resource Management Farm Water - Greg Bekker, DEECA (Agriculture Victoria)
- Feed base pasture - Allen Newman, Barenbrug Seeds
- Soil health and nutrition - Sue Briggs, CSBP Labs
- Agriculture Victoria's On-Farm Emissions Action Plan Pilot - Brad Costin, DEECA (Agriculture Victoria)
TICKETS ARE $30 + booking fee for venue and catering.
For more information contact Lachlan Campbell at email@example.com or 0400 852 452.
This event is supported by the North East CMA and Agriculture Victoria, with funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program.