In this 3 hour class students will be shown how to create dishes using the slab method and Japanese wooden push moulds, how to cut clay to fit mould, then how to cut and apply tissue transfer paper with many patterns and different wooden moulds to choose from. And finally how to push clay into moulds and remove. Students will complete 3-4 pieces. All work will be painted with a clear glaze by the tutor after they have been bisque fired, then fired again ready for collection around three weeks after the class, students will be notified when ready to pick up.
What you will learn
- How to roll a clay slab.
- How to cut clay to fit mould.
- How to cut and apply tissue transfer paper.
- How to press clay into mould.
What you will get
- Access to potter tools and equipment.
- 3-4 x completed ceramic items.