Charity Walk Tickets for the 2023 Melbourne Pasifika Festival
Join us for the 2023 Melbourne Pasifika Festival and Charity Walk.
ALL funds raised during the Charity Walk supports WFWP Global Development and Aid projects in the Pacific Islands. These projects empower local women by providing them with opportunities to gain university education, employment, and skills necessary to support their families financially (more info below).
* CHARITY WALK PRICES
Student / Pensioner: $15 (show valid concession card)
Group of 4: $65
Group of 6: $95
CHILDREN UNDER 12 years old FREE
🏃♂️ CHARITY WALK:
🔹 11am: Check in and registration at the WFWP Marquee
4km circuit around Banjo Paterson Lake and the park. | Duration - 45-60minutes.
🎉 FESTIVAL Overview:
🔹 Rugby Clinic for Kids & Teens: 10 -11:30am
🔹 Charity Walk: 11:00am-12:30pm
🔹 Stalls Open: 12:00pm
🔹 Opening Ceremony: 1:00pm
🔹 Cultural Performances: 2:00-5:30pm
🔹 Live Band: playing throughout the day & from 5:00-7:30pm
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: ⚠️
• No alcohol or drugs allowed during the Festival or on park premises, including Kava.
• CHILDREN UNDER 12 years old can enter the Walk FREE
• All abilities playground for children right next to the festival area
• WALK registration: we take card payments
• Toilet with disabled access and baby change facilities
• No Dogs
• Optional: bring your own picnic blanket or chair to enjoy the entertainment
PASIFIKA SCHOLARSHIP FUND
• This initiative provides young adults with the opportunity to access empowering educational programs at universities in their own country.
• From 2017-2019 we sponsored Jenny to become a primary school teacher. She has now graduated and is working at the New Hope Academy Kindergarten and Primary School in the Solomon Islands.
• In 2020, we sponsored: Janet (to become a kindergarten teacher), Selina (to become a primary school
teacher) and Natalie to begin her law degree in Fiji.
• In 2019-21, we sponsored: Rose (to complete her nursing degree) and Monica to complete her Masters of Business degree in the Solomon Islands.
• In 2010-20, we sponsored: Monica to complete her Masters of Business, and Selina to complete her Bachelor of Education in the Solomon Islands.
• Micro-credit loans are made of a small amount of money that is borrowed by trusted applicants. This start-up amount of money is used by the applicants to create a business and generate further income. Applicants make repayments to their loan, so the amount can be reused for other applicants.
• The Pasifika Microcredit initiative was officially launched in Papua New Guinea in January 2020. Applicants will attend an introductory workshop to learn valuable skills for their business.
• With a total amount of $3000 available, 6 selected applicants will receive a micro-loan of $500. Stay tuned for more updates!
WOMEN'S SEWING CENTRES
• Located in the Pacific Islands, the centers provide women with an opportunity to gain skills and support their families economically. The sewing center in the Solomon Islands is currently moving into a new location, which needs renovation.
More info: https://www.wfwpaustralia.org/...
This event is being delivered in partnership with WFWP Australia, the United Pasifika Council of Victoria (UPCOV) and the Victorian Multicultural Commission.