CMVic – Song Village
MUSIC IS OUR HOME
SONG VILLAGE is an immersive experience of singing community coming together to make a
glorious noise, to reconnect in a joyful weekend of harmony and rhythm and to celebrate our unique and
SINGING LEADERS are invited to unite for a weekend of reconnection and nourishment, energising and
inspiring each other for the next part of the journey. Lean into each other's expertise and enjoy being a
receiver for a change.
SINGERS' SUNDAY: we'll gather with a focus on singing for wellbeing and joy. Don't worry about the notes, just lose yourself in the song.
...EXTRA EXTRA! All ticket holders are invited to join the festival atmosphere for bonus Saturday afternoon shenanigans as we sing the sun down and sing in the night!
In this safe and welcoming space you give yourself permission to:
- catch up with old friends and meet new friends
- immerse yourself in lush, healing harmony
- reconnect with your breathing, your body and your unique voice
- dive courageously into fun and playful improvisation
- swap and share your favourite group songs
- try your hand at song leading if you’ve been wondering what it’s like
- discover exciting repertoire from local composers, songwriters and artists
Song Village is a place we create by living our shared values and by bringing our whole selves with open hearts and minds.
All voices are valued and you are welcome to attend the event whether you are a postdoctoral conductor, coloratura soprano, bathroom bass, or just want to try singing for the first time.
Other considerations (we will also email these details, and more, to you after booking)
We’ve kept ticket prices to a minimum to create the most inclusive event possible. This does mean there are a few things you need to consider when planning your weekend:
- CATERING: We’ll provide free morning and afternoon refreshments throughout the weekend. All other meals you’ll either need to bring with you or plan to purchase in Bacchus Marsh. Here’s a list of local cafes and eateries to get you thinking about it!
- ACCOMMODATION: There are many options for accommodation in town and, if you decide to stay overnight, are welcome to stay wherever suits your needs and budget. We are suggesting the Bacchus Marsh Caravan Park as they have been super friendly and helpful and are a 20 minute walk (or 3 minute drive) down Main Street, west of the heart of Bacchus Marsh.
- The range of options include powered ($45/2ppl) and un-powered ($35/2ppl) campsites and a selection of cabins.
- All prices on the BMCP website are for 2 adults per night (additional adults in a cabin +$20 each, additional adults in a campsite +$15 each)
- We created the table below to help you work out all the ways you can share a cabin – get together with a posse of friends and create your own dorm room!
- Join the Song Village Noticeboard on WhatsApp for finding car-pooling and cabin-mates.
When you book please mention that you are with the Community Music Victoria group and they will endeavour to make us a village within a village.
Deposits can be made via direct debit or by credit card over the phone 03 53672775
Bacchus Marsh Caravan Park, 26 Main Street VIC 3340 email@example.com