Coffee Tasting Class
Coffee Tasting Class - Buckle up and get your taste buds ready!
With the opening of our new roastery in Melbourne’s Bayside we open our doors to our community, coffee lovers and curious humans who'd love to learn more about coffee. We are here to demystify the wonderful and diverse world of coffee and make great coffee more approachable to everyone.
Did you know coffee has more aromatic and flavour compounds than wine? We believe understanding aromas and flavours in coffee are essential to fully appreciate the wonderful and diverse world of coffee. At our coffee tasting class, you'll learn how to describe coffee and develop sensory profiles based on fragrance, aroma, flavour, aftertaste, acidity, sweetness, and mouthfeel. We'll guide you through the process of using the Specialty Coffee Tasters' Wheel to describe taste and teach you the art of cupping to assess and develop a descriptive sensory profile. You'll have the opportunity to taste various coffees from different origins and processing methods, describing each coffee and developing a sensory profile of your own. But that's not all - you'll also experience how different brewing methods and extraction impact the sensory profile of coffee.
What you'll learn and experience:
1. You’ll learn how to describe coffee.
- You’ll develop a sensory profile based on fragrance, aroma, flavour, aftertaste, acidity, sweetness, and mouthfeel
- Learn how to use the Specialty Coffee Tasters’ Wheel to describe taste
- Learn about the process of cupping to assess and develop a descriptive sensory profile
- Taste various coffees from different origins and processing methods and describe each coffee developing a sensory profile
2. You’ll experience how different brewing methods impact the sensory profile.
3. You’ll experience how different extraction impacts the sensory profile.
So buckle up and get your taste buds ready for a great experience.