Composting for Beginners
Have you got a compost heap or been too afraid to try? Does your compost heap work as it should? Is it a dry pile of sticks or a slimy patch of stinky rotting things? Then this is the session for you. There are many ways of composting, and different ways produce different products, but all can be beneficial to your soil. This session will cover:
- The basics of composting, what can go in and knowing the difference between green and brown material;
- Different composting systems and bins;
- Worms, animals, manure and other supplements;
- Turning or not turning – that is the question
- Water and weather protection.
At the end of this session, you will have the knowledge to make useable compost in your own garden from the outputs of your garden and kitchen.
Presenter: John Mills