Community. Fun. Friendship.
Life is better when we're connected.
Befriend is a non-profit social enterprise who exist to support and spark social connection and belonging all over Perth! For the past 10 years, we've been community-building alongside local residents, just like you, to create more meaningful social opportunities and more welcoming spaces for everyone to join in!
We've helped over 12,000 Perth residents to connect through shared interests, social experiences and all kinds of fun hobby groups.
But here's the thing... we don't "run" a social programme. We're not the hosts around here... you are!
We empower local superstars (yup, like you!) to bring people together, to go to something you've never had the courage to go to before, to build your confidence and capabilities to do the things in community that you care about!
We're just the support act, and your biggest cheerleaders!
Like the sound of what we do? Click here for more information about our work or join us for a series of meetups!
We have three questions for you:
- Do you wish you had more social connection in your life?
- Have you ever experience feelings of loneliness, or know someone who you think of as lonely?
- Would you like to contribute to a society that is kind, welcoming, vibrant and celebrates all people?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then our upcoming series, "Community. Fun. Friendship!" is for you!
This is a series of interactive community meetups (with tea, coffee and nibbles, of course!) with Befriend and other people who answered 'yes' to those questions above! Together, we'll...
- explore the importance of social connection
- consider what it means for everyone to feel welcome in community spaces
- find out about The Befriend Social Network (this is a warm community of local people who regularly host, and attend, different social and hobby groups all around Perth! It's a ready-made, free platform to sweeten your social life, try new things and make a few new connections!)
- discover the essential ingredients to spark and sustain a meaningful friendship
- learn more about how anyone can start their own social group, with a little support and encouragement!
- explore ideas you might have to build a community you care about
Each session in this series will be different and will build upon on the previous session. However, if you can only make one or two of the sessions, that's okay too! We'll always recap what was covered previously and offer you an opportunity to catch up on what you missed. So we whole-heartedly encourage you to come along to whatever you can - we think it'll be fun, rewarding, and we'll all walk away inspired to find more human connection in our lives!
The dates in this series:
- 6th May: Sparking connection for everyone
- 13th May: Essentials for friendship
- 20th May: Exploring ideas for social gatherings
These are all Saturdays, 2 - 4pm.
We do have a limit on the number of people we can host for each workshop due to venue capacity. So, we encourage you to book your ticket(s) as soon as you can, and to please let us know if you are unable to make a session you've booked for - as we can offer the ticket to someone on the waiting list!
For any questions about this event, please drop Community Builder, Lee, an email on email@example.com. Lee is your go-to person for all-things-connection in the Far Northern Suburbs and, as a local resident herself, she delights in connecting people into community life!