COP27 and beyond: Charting the future for a resilient economy. An Official Impact X Side Event.
Join our experts share their outlook on how Australia can chart a new path in climate leadership towards a vibrant low carbon economy.
Event Abstract: Australians have overwhelmingly voted for climate action and the introduction of the Climate Bill has excited the nation with a renewed sense of optimism and empowerment to decarbonise the economy. Australia is currently ranked 10th in the world for scientific research output and leads the world in uptake and innovation in solar technologies. This remarkable contribution highlights the expertise on hand to understand and join the global response to climate change.
Join our experts in a broad ranging discussion as they share their outlook on how climate change is likely to shape the economic landscape and provide some practical approaches towards a low carbon economic transformation that could establish thriving, inclusive communities.
When: Wednesday 9th November
Event type: In Person, up to 200 participants
Where: International Convention Centre, Sydney
Universities from across the Climate Alliance membership will:
- Explain key research principles, best practice, and localised examples, drawing from the most recent IPCC reporting on climate science, adaptation, and mitigation lenses.
- Communicate the readiness of the higher education sector to work constructively alongside and in partnership with the federal government to over deliver on its climate commitments.
- Demonstrate the impact of business, communities and government working constructively together toward the same ambitious climate.
- Celebrate the broad business and community support to implement the new government’s climate agenda in partnership with the higher education sector; and
- Communicate Australia’s collective commitment to an ambitious national climate agenda to the federal government and the international community to ensure that Australia is a positive global influence at COP27 and beyond.
Download the COP 27 and beyond agenda.