Accidental Counsellor with Lifeline Canberra
Lifeline Canberra is the original creator of the Accidental Counsellor course.
This two-day program, facilitated by Lifeline has been developed for people in virtually any role, who find themselves in situations where counselling or empathetic communication is required.
The program provides participants with a range of tried and tested counselling skills that work to create effective communication and de-escalate clients who are in crisis.
• Understand basic communication and counselling skills
• Apply the above skills to engage in efficient and focused conversations
• Understand the relationship between values and personal crises
• Communicate their limits/boundaries respectfully
• Apply skills when ending conversations
• Draw on basic de-escalation techniques when assisting someone in a time of crisis
• Communicate with very distressed people
• Have increased suicide awareness and safety strategies
• Have a basic understanding of depression, anxiety and psychosis
• Develop basic strategies for dealing with people in difficult situations; and
• Explore and discuss the reasons for self-care and self-reflection, how to care for oneself and use debriefing strategies.
• Use the above skills as a way of increasing personal resilience.
Please Note: Attendance is required at both sessions.
This event will be catered to provide participants with a light morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch.
Please contact CPLE firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of any cancellations or name changes.
*You may only register up to 2 participants per booking. If a training session has reached the maximum number of participants, please contact CPLE to be placed on a waitlist email@example.com