Careers in Heritage 2023
Are you passionate about your culture and heritage? Does the idea of sharing the stories and treasures of your ancestors inspire you? A role in the heritage sector may be right for you, and there are opportunities to launch a career in arts and heritage right here in Ōtautahi.
This FREE event for senior high school and university students will introduce you to the many and varied careers in arts and heritage. This year the event will focus on heritage professionals who work with digital heritage – creating, using, sharing and collecting in a digital world. Guest speakers from across the sector will share what's great about their jobs, and let you know what skills or qualifications you would need to do the same work.
Speakers for 2023 include:
- Corey Blackburn, UC Marketing, Photographer
- Simon Daisley, Christchurch City Libraries, Community Stories Liaison
- Stephen Hardman, Micrographics NZ, Southern Regional Manager
- Louisa Hormann, Air Force Museum, Archives Technician
- Oana Jones, UC Digital Screen, Lecturer in Game Arts
- Kaspar Middendorf, UC Arts Digital Lab
- Takerei Norton, Ngāi Tahu Archives, Kā Huru Manu, Ngāi Tahu Cultural Mapping Project
- Michelle Sim, Selwyn Libraries, Digital Content Librarian
- David Simpson, Christchurch Art Gallery, Web and Publications Co-ordinator
- Sarah Tester, Christchurch City Council, Assistant Archivist
A light morning tea will be served, and there will be opportunities to mingle with the speakers and ask questions.
This event is a partnership between the University of Canterbury Teece Museum and the Christchurch City Council Heritage Team, run with the assistance of Christchurch City Libraries.