Furniture Repair and Restoration (Summer Hill)
Learn how to repair joints and replace worn out or missing parts of your favourite furniture pieces.
Our experienced woodworkers will be teaching you how to fix your own furniture, such as a wobbly chair or table legs, and how to give new life to a preloved piece of furniture.
We will teach you how to use hand and power tools, and how to select the right tool for the job.
By the end of this furniture repair workshop you will:
- Be familiar with basic techniques to repair furniture
- Everyone! No prior skills required.
- Safety and Housekeeping
- Using glues, waxes and polishes
- Using tools and clamps
- Learn how to repair joints
- Learn how to replace missing parts
Please bring to class
Please bring your own piece of furniture to work on. This course is geared towards helping you mend and restore your own piece. It doesn’t have to be a prized possession if you don’t want it to be – even a roadside find will suffice to learn the skills on.
If you don’t have a piece to bring along we will do our best to accommodate, though we can’t guarantee a hands-on experience.
Bring the following PPE:
- a face mask
- safety glasses or googles
- earmuffs or earplugs
The Bower has PPE sanitised and available to borrow. Students must sanitise before and after use.
- A notepad and pen
- The Bower will provide tea/coffee. You may wish to bring your own lunch or go to a café nearby.