Trauma Informed Yoga for LGBTQ+ Community - Thursday Class
YOGAY’s mission is to engage with queer folks through yoga and meditation to create connection to self, others & community in rural areas.
We welcome you into a space where you can feel supported to connect with your internal world, your own choices and present moment experiences.
You will be guided to move at your own pace and in a way that feels available and useful to you.
What to expect:
- Small Group Class - maximum of 10 people
- Introduction to Trauma Informed practise & the group
- Grounding practises
- Gentle Trauma Informed Yoga practise
- Time to reflect and write down a few words about your experience
- Invited to share your experience with the group
- Option to stay for a herbal tea after class to continue to chat and connect with other like minded people from your community
Thursdays Class is held at Tanks Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre. To access the room you need to enter from the back of the building due to the class being held after hours.
64 Collins Ave, Edge Hill QLD
6:30 pm till 8:00 pm
To make this class accessible to more people there is a sliding scale for pricing.
To access the rate that is applicable to you please use the below discount code if required
$20 - Community Rate - is for folks who have limited access to income and/or facing marginalisation - please use code: COMMUNITY
$25 - Supporter Rate - is for folks who have adequate access to income & resources - please use code: SUPPORTER
$30 - Sustainer Rate - Is for folks who have abundant access to income & resources
What to wear:
Wear something that you feel comfortable & cozy in that allows for you to do some gentle movement. “Yoga clothes” aren’t required!
What to Bring:
You may like to bring your own water bottle, pen and paper.
Water is available at venue
Ample free parking outside Tanks Art Centre
Please be mindful of others:
- Please do your best to arrive on time
- Please avoid wearing strongly scented perfume or deodorant
If you have any questions around this class or if this class is right for you please don’t hesitate to reach out to Katie.