CPR Kickstarter Course
Overview: High-quality CPR is the single most important intervention during cardiac arrest. Yet this life-saving skill is often performed sub-optimally—and is rarely measured. This one-day CPR Kickstarter course will cultivate and enhance a culture of high-quality CPR within hospitals currently using ZOLL R Series® defibrillators with CPR feedback. The course is being held in conjunction with Zoll and Intensive Care Nepean.
Cognitive Training: Address the clinical definitions and current science of “high-quality CPR” and why it is
crucial for survival from cardiac arrest.
Maximize the clinical utility of your ZOLL® equipment, specifically pertaining to CPR quality, with:
- Super-user training on ZOLL R Series or X Series
- Best practices, techniques, and tips and tricks to achieve high-quality CPR
- Learn how ZOLL RescueNet® software will give you the knowledge to provide valuable quantitative CPR quality feedback.
- Participate in extensive “mock code” sessions that focus on CPR skills being taught.
- Receive debriefing and quantitative feedback utilizing RescueNet software.
The class includes:
- Introduction and course overview
- High-quality CPR Instruction: Definitions, clinical evidence, and impact potential
- R Series “super user” hands-on practice
- CPR Challenge and data collection
- Using CPR feedback to improve compression quality
- CPR Challenge results
- RescueNet CaseReview overview
- Putting it all together: Mock codes with RescueNet debriefing
Attendees: A minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 resuscitation experts from throughout the hospital are necessary to successfully conduct this course.