CSS - Sat Jul 15 2023
Creating Safe Spaces Training (CSS)
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE CREATING SAFE SPACES TRAINING?
Definitions of Abuse, Reporting Obligations, Risk Management and embedded Safe Church Practices
Duty of care, positional power, transparency and accountability
Protecting vulnerable people including children, at risk of harm – definitions, indicators and response procedures
WHO IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CREATING SAFE SPACES?
CSS is helpful for anyone but if you hold a particular position or role (paid or volunteer) in a BUV Church you are required to attend a Creating Safe Spaces Training every 3 Years.
- Children and Youth Coordinators
- Children’s and Youth Team Members * if you have team members who are under 18 please contact our Safe Church Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministry Coordinators eg. Prayer, Worship, Seniors, Community Care etc
- Safe Church team members
- Anyone working with vulnerable adults
Please note that this online training course contains material that can be confronting. If you think this may prove to be too difficult for you, please contact your Pastor or other trusted church leader for support and to discuss a safe way for you to receive this information.
HOW IS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
The Creating Safe Spaces training is divided into two sections:
1. The Online Module. Participants complete an online module at a time that suits them, taking approximately 2.5 hours. The online training will save your progress automatically so you can return to your course at any time. This must be completed prior to attending the workshop. Please contact your church administrator if you do not have access to a computer and/or internet to complete the course.
2. The Workshop. Participants attend a three-hour workshop, which involves small group discussions of topics covered in the online module and workshop. This may be via Zoom or in person. There will be a number of workshop times offered, covering a ranges of days and times, to improve accessibility.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE COURSE?
The cost of the complete course is $35 per person. You will require a credit card at the time of booking
By purchasing a ticket for this training you are purchasing a ticket to the online course and the workshop.
1. The online module. You will be sent a unique access code to complete the online training course at a time that suits you. We do recommend you complete this prior to the workshop. Please ensure you read your email confirmation for detailed instructions on accessing the online course material.
2. The Workshop -
Where: Lilydale Baptist Church, 305 Swansea Road, Lilydale, Victoria
When: Saturday 15th July, 2023
Upon successful completion of this training, both the online and workshop, you will receive a
Certificate of Completion and this certification is valid for 3 years.
If you have any questions or issues regarding registering for Creating Safe Spaces training, please contact our comms team. If you have questions regarding the workshops themselves, such as who should attend or special needs, please contact our Safe Church Consultant Vicky Dyer