CSS - Workshop Only (Mandarin)
Creating Safe Spaces Training (CSS) Workshop - Delivered in Mandarin
(for those who are fluent in Mandarin and not fluent in English)
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE CREATING SAFE SPACES TRAINING?
Definitions of Abuse, Reporting Obligations, Risk Management and embedded Safe Church Practices
Duty of care, positional power, transparency and accountability
Protecting vulnerable people including children, at risk of harm – definitions, indicators and response procedures
WHO IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CREATING SAFE SPACES?
CSS is helpful for anyone but if you hold a particular position or role (paid or volunteer) in a BUV Church you are required to attend a Creating Safe Spaces Training every 3 Years.
- Children and Youth Coordinators
- Children’s and Youth Team Members * if you have team members who are under 18 please contact our Safe Church Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministry Coordinators eg. Prayer, Worship, Seniors, Community Care etc
- Safe Church team members
- Anyone working with vulnerable adults
Please note that this online training course contains material that can be confronting. If you think this may prove to be too difficult for you, please contact your Pastor or other trusted church leader for support and to discuss a safe way for you to receive this information.
HOW IS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
The Creating Safe Spaces training is divided into two sections:
1. The Online Module. The online module is available in Chinese (simplified), via the Baptist Association of NSW and ACT website.
This costs $10. This should be completed in your own time, prior to attending the workshop ***Please see below for detailed information ***
2. The Workshop. Participants attend a three-hour workshop on Saturday 18thNovember 2023
The workshop involves small group discussions of topics covered in the online module and workshop. This costs $25.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE COURSE?
By purchasing a ticket via this webpage you are purchasing a ticket to the BUV CSS workshop only.
You will need to pay and register for the Chinese language online module separately.
2. The Workshop -
Where: Balwyn Baptist Church, 517 Whitehorse Rd, Surrey Hills 3127
When: Saturday 18 November 2023
This workshop will be presented in Mandarin. This workshop is for people who speak Mandarin fluently, and do not speak English fluently.
Please note that this will be the only Mandarin workshop for 2023.
If you have any questions or issues regarding registering for Creating Safe Spaces Workshop, please contact our comms team. If you have questions regarding the workshops themselves, such as who should attend or special needs, please contact our Safe Church Consultant Vicky Dyer
The Online Module
*** The CSS Online module is provided in Chinese (Simplified) by the Baptist Association of NSW&ACT. For those leaders who do not read English fluently please complete the NSW version of the online module, followed up this Mandarin BUV workshop ***
- Go to this website: https://creatingsafespaces.org...
- Follow the instructions to purchase your online module access
- Pay $10, by credit card to the Baptist Association of NSW and ACT
- Once the online module order is successfully purchased, you should be automatically logged in and able to access the online module content. The NSW system will send you an email receipt of the purchase to the email address provided in the billing details. If the email doesn't arrive in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- If you require technical assistance with the Chinese language online module, contact the NSW Creating Safe Spaces Coordinator Joseph Lam on email@example.com or (02)9868 9221 Note- technical assistance is available in English only.
After the online module:
After you have completed the online module, you will receive an email certificate from NSW.
Please forward this email to Louise Richmond on firstname.lastname@example.org so BUV can record you have completed the online module.
You will then be sent a short document from the BUV outlining any difference in legislation between NSW and Victoria.
Once you have completed BOTH parts of the CSS training (the online module and a workshop), you will receive a certificate of completion from BUV.