Dare To Lead™ Brené Brown's Courage-Building Program - Presented by Debra Birks
Building Brave Leaders & Courageous Cultures
Delivered by Leading Facilitator, Experienced Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator & Leadership Coach - Debra Birks.
VIRTUAL DELIVERY - LIVE
ALL NEW 3-DAY curriculum - Delivered Live over 3 non-consecutive days
PLUS BONUS COACHING - 'Circle Back' Group Coaching - (Value $700.00)
Group Discounts Available - please contact organiser
Days 1, 2 & 3 delivered live via zoom platform AEDT (Sydney Time)
Day 1: Tue 10th May - 9:00am - 4:30pm
Day 2: Thu 12th May - 9:00am - 4:30pm
Day 3: Wed 18th May - 9:00am - 4:30pm
Why Dare To Lead™ Leadership?
The Dare To Lead™ program cultivates brave leaders, resilient leaders, accountable and self-aware leaders; leaders that can quickly reset after falls, leaders willing to do the brave work and have the tough conversations that will harness and navigate change in complex times.
About the Dare To Lead™ program
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program of 4 skill sets that are measurable, teachable and observable, designed to be delivered by a Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator. This is a highly interactive and experiential workshop that delivers on its research in clear and practical ways.
Who should attend?
Brené defines a leader as "someone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and has the courage to develop that potential."
Reset, Reimagine, Realign to Values, Meaning and Work.
A Call to all leaders. People leaders, Self-leaders, Educators, Community and Business leaders; this is a deep dive into leadership and if you're committed to lead authentically, ethically, and inclusively, with your whole heart, then this program is for you.
... discover how to
- Build resilient and courageous cultures
- Cultivate innovation and creativity
- Operationalise your values
- Be skilled in empathy and the practice of self-care
- Build trust and accountability for a healthy feedback culture
Key Learning Outcomes
- Defining your Leadership identity - how vulnerability is our greatest measure of courage
- Operationalise Values – not just profess them
- Build Trust - boundaries, reliability and accountability
- Rising Skills – strategies and skills to reset from failure and disappointment
- Dare to Lead™ official workbook only available from your Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator
- Dare to Lead™ ‘Participant Trained’ digital LinkedIn credential*
- Daring Leadership Assessment - measuring individual's level courage skills
- Trust Assessment - (organisational team's only)
- Culture Assessment - assesses behaviours of Daring vs Armoured behaviours - (organisational team's only)
- Brené Brown videos - created exclusively for the Dare To Lead™ program. You'll feel like she's in the room with you
- Resources to continue and embed learnings
- Access to ANEWDAY's private group coaching circles exclusive to DTL graduates. Commences July 2022- (Value $2,000)
*This program does not provide you with a Dare To Lead™ Certified Facilitator accreditation to facilitate the Dare To Lead™ program. However once the 3 day curriculum is completed you may be eligible to deliver the Daring Teams Rollout Program to your broader team/s as a Daring Team's Co-ordinator.
When delivering virtual programs we use studio quality broadcast equipment and the latest broadcast operations solutions. We have a technical producer working with us to ensure high quality delivery and learning
About Debra Birks - your facilitator
Debra, a Certified Dare to Lead™ (CDTLF) and Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF) of six years, an ICF, IECL Lvl 3 Executive/Leadership Coach of 17 years, and an experienced executive leader of 30+ years, will facilitate and guide you through...
- Dare To Lead™ 3-day curriculum
- All lessons using her own personal stories, humour, knowledge and wisdom to compliment the research and science
- The skills, common language and tools required to operationalise your own courage in your organisation, workplace and life.
About Brené Brown
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a 10 year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly list.
The Heart of Daring Leadership
- The foundations of Daring Leadership
- Identifying your call to courage as a leader
- The 11 primary elements of daring vs armoured leadership behaviours
- Armour vs fear and the armouring up process
- The 5Cs of strategic thinking, decision making and delegation
- Tools for grounded confidence
- Self-awareness and emotional literacy
Rumbling with Vulnerability
- Vulnerability - risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure
- Myths of vulnerability
- Building shame resilience
- Empathy and self-compassion skills
Living into our Values
- Identify core values
- Operationalise your values into behaviours
- Rumble skills, tools and language
- Giving and receiving engaged feedback vs defensive feedback
BRAVING – Trust
- Anatomy of trust and psychological safety
- Trust with self, within teams and others
- Practicing boundaries integrity and generosity
Learning to Rise
- Getting emotionally hooked
- Barriers and strategies for reckoning with emotions
- The reckoning: getting curious about emotional hooks
- The rumble: conspiracies and confabulations of our stories
- The revolution: reset and rewrite a new ending
- Review, reflect and commit to your daring leadership practice
For any enquiries about the Dare To Lead™ event please contact the facilitator firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be regular breaks during the program?
Yes. Over the 3-days your wellbeing is important, so regular breaks and activities are provided for optimal engagement and learning.
Do you run Dare To Lead™ for in-house teams?
Yes. You can attend a public program or bring Dare To Lead™ into your organisation. Both options are a 3-day format either in-person or virtual. Please email the organiser to register your interest and discuss options.
Can I be invoiced rather than pay through Humanitix?
Yes. Please contact email@example.com direct to arrange payment
Are there any discounts for groups?
Yes. Please contact Debra direct to discuss your options.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email Debra or call 0419406766
What's the refund policy?
No refunds available.
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes. Tickets are transferable to another person or to another workshop date, but not refundable. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks in advance of program commencement date if you require a transfer. Alternate date transfers must be taken within 12 months of your first booking.