Dealing with Change & Transitions
Does your child refuse to go to school? If your child struggling to return to a normal routine after COVID lockdown? Is your child moving to a new school. to Intermediate school or College next year? Does your child struggle with small daily transitions? This workshop will answer your questions and provide you with strategies to support your child through the multitude of changes and transitions they face daily.
"Dealing with Change and Transitions", an interactive 2hr workshop for parents, whanau and teachers/professionals who live or engage with children and young people on the Autism Spectrum.
- Learn why change and transitioning is so difficult for a child with ASD
- Understand micro and macro changes and how they affect our kids
- Explore how the constant change we've experienced in 2020 has affected children
- Leave with practical tips & strategies to better support your child through the change and transitions in their life.
• Daily transitioning (at home, at school, in the community)
• Transitioning through life
• Strategies to support change & transition
Many thanks to COGS Auckland City for their support which enables us to offer this workshop at no cost to families/whanau.
This workshop is presented by Children’s Autism Foundation Facilitator Emma Bartlett.
Read more about our facilitators here