Derby - Western Australia Specialist Family and Domestic Violence Code of Practice, Consultation Workshop
The Centre for Women’s Safety and Wellbeing and Stopping Family Violence have successfully advocated for the development and implementation of a Western Australian Family and Domestic Violence Code of Practice (the Code) for all specialist family and domestic violence services.
The purpose of the Code is to articulate a set of principles and standards to guide consistent quality service provision for victim-survivors accessing specialist family violence services in Western Australia.
In order to effectively create a Code of Practice for Western Australia, the Code must be built in collaboration with the specialist family and domestic violence sector.
Specialist family and domestic violence services include:
- State-wide family and domestic violence telephone services;
- Family and domestic violence accommodation and support services;
- Family and domestic violence counselling and advocacy services;
- Outreach and Safe at Home services; and
- Targeted services and programs working with victim-survivors from specific communities, such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and multicultural communities.
We are looking for a mix of front-line staff, team leaders and service managers of specialist FDV services to participate in consultation workshops for the development of The Code of Practice. If this sounds like you, please register for your preferred location and time, and together, we can create a set of practice principles that reflect our beautiful state and sector.