Our online Disability Confidence Training workshop is all about helping you and your team improve how you connect with and support people with disability or who are d/Deaf.
1 in 5 Australians live with disability, making them a significant market segment for providers of arts and culture. In this workshop you’ll:
- Discover practical solutions for making your organisation disability confident
- Receive useful resources
- Learn from trainers with disability who are arts experts
- Enjoy the increased accessibility and convenience of online training
- Be able to interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge
- Come to our public workshop or book a private in-house session
The training covers:
- Key disability legislation and government bodies, including the Disability Discrimination Act and the Disability Inclusion Act
- Creative solutions to delivering inclusive and accessible arts and culture programs
- Identifying and mitigating access barriers
- Best practice for customer service, language and etiquette
- Inclusive communication skills and policies
- 90 minutes + 30 mins pre-workshop activities
- Prior to the session we’ll send you links to a video to watch and a questionnaire to complete. This will take about 30 minutes. All up, the full experience is 2 hours.
Our workshops are delivered using the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop. On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request for all training. Please advise of your access requirements upon registration. Please note that we require at least 4 working days’ notice.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9251 6499 if you have any questions.
Image Description: Two people stand back to back smiling at the camera with their arms folded. Photo credit: Alex Kess.