DONE Day 27 June 2023
The topic for DONE Day is Team Building
Our sponsor for this event is Purple Playground
Your mentor is Sally Murphy.
Co-Owner & Founding Director of Purple Playground
- I’m a Mum, Step-Mum and Dog Mum and love nothing more than having all our kids, their dogs and our friends around for a BBQ on the weekends
- When I get time to escape, you’ll most likely find me and my best friend/husband cruising down the beach on Bribie Island in our Rubicon Jeep Wrangler. This is one of my favourite spots in Australia to camp on the beach and unwind.
- My team often mock me for all the analogies and sayings I use so I thought I’d share some of my fav sayings here: ‘stop existing and start living’, ‘start as you mean to go on’, ‘if you worry before you should, you’ll worry more than you should’.
- Purple Playground is my second entrepreneurial venture, the first being a camper trailer hire company we established back in 2009 which combined my love of camping with being my own boss!
What is DONE DAY?
DONE DAY is the best workshop you'll ever attend. Along with support from our mentors, we will be putting aside everyday distractions and getting things DONE - together!
Instead of just listening along, you will be working on what YOU need for YOUR business.
Join us LIVE at GC Hub in Varsity Lakes or ONLINE via Zoom.
How does DONE DAY work?
We start at 10:00 am with an introduction and a workshop-style session from our incredible mentor.
Then, we turn our phones and notifications off and create a list of tasks we want to get done that day.
After that, you will get time to work on your tasks from the workshop in short (20-minute) 'sprints'.
During these sprints, you can book time with the mentor to help with your to-do list.
If you're online via Zoom, you can view the presentation online as well as book some 1:1 time with our mentor (spaces are limited).
A team member will do the timekeeping and help keep you accountable for your tasks for the day.
Take what you learn from the workshop and use these practices to help you GROW your business.
We will begin wrapping up at 3:30 and finish at 4:00 pm.
What time do we start and finish?
We start right at 10:00 am and will finish at 4:00 pm
Do I have to stay for the whole event?
Please arrive on time for introductions, however, you may leave a bit early if you have other obligations.
Do I need to bring a drink?
Coffee and tea will be provided, and you are welcome to bring your drinks (and snacks, of course!).
Can I attend this live?
Yes, we have limited spaces to join us at Gold Coast Innovation Hub in Varsity Lakes.
Could I join via Zoom?
Yes, you have the option to join us via Zoom (this includes 1:1 time with our mentor but spaces are limited).
What do I need to bring?
- Your work tools (laptop, notepads, etc)
- An open mind to learn something new
- Headphones for music to help keep you focussed (optional)
- Snacks and a water bottle to keep you energised (optional)