Edge: Engineering Ocean Solutions
Blue Gravity presents, "Edge: Engineering Ocean Solutions," where leading marine businesses with outstanding innovators come together to discuss challenges and showcase successful solutions in subsea, maritime, aquaculture, fisheries, coastal, and marine protection.
The ocean is a challenging frontier where WA companies and universities have unique capability and technology. With the ‘blue economy’ in WA already employing 60,000 people and is expected to double its $25 billion value this decade, this timely event convenes leading marine businesses with outstanding innovators to discuss present and future challenges and novel and innovative solutions.
Who this is for
The event suits both technical and non-technical team members: general managers, lead designers, senior engineers, business analysts, data scientists, naval architects, and chief technology officers from:
- leading marine engineering companies incl. naval, defence, aquaculture where insights into new solutions can grow their business,
- startups and professional service companies interested to see the opportunities for work in marine industries,
- local, state and federal government agencies keen to support this sector.
Benefits of attending
By participating in this event, you can expect:
- exposure to novel solutions and challenges relevant to your industry
- access to leading-edge experts in complementary fields
- visibility on new support services and hubs available for developing innovative solutions
- connections to collaborators, customers, peers and innovators
- 1:00 pm - Coffee and Networking
- 1:20 pm - Welcome/acknowledgment
- 1:30 pm - Plenary - panel discussions + Q&A
- 2:10 pm - Afternoon tea break
- 2:30 pm - Case studies - small group discussions to dive deep into topics
- 3:30 pm - Plenary discussions + Q&A
- 3:55 pm - Special announcements and closing
Panels and case studies will focus on the following themes
🚢 Net zero - Insights into the technologies, materials, and systems enabling large-scale decarbonisation from operations within manufacturing to application on vessels and in operations.
⚡ Ocean energy - Wind and wave technologies are evolving, ammonia and hydrogen are on the horizon, learn about how new forms of energy and creating new opportunities.
📲 Digital solutions - Data analytics can drive modernisation of manufacturing, and accelerate solution development resulting in reduce risk and energy consumption to wave prediction and improving offshore and offshore communication.
- Alex Pichard, Chief Technology Officer at Carnegie Clean Energy
- Andrew Outhwaite, Managing Director of For Blue
- Jeffrey Poon, Research and Development Project Manager of Austal
- Louise Tomlin, Sustainability and Environment Advisor of CivMec
- Mukesh Patel, CEO at AiSpanner
- Nikkola Palmer, Programs Lead of Impact Seed
- Tom Goerke, Managing Director of Trestle Digital
Get to know our presenters ---> here!
Testimonials from the recent 'Pulse' event in Busselton
“For me it was a networking event, one that I believe was very valuable for my business. Some fantastic minds and so much inspiration in the room. The format was great, it encouraged interaction and discussion which is so important. Could easily have made a day of it!”
“I found the level of enthusiasm and passion of people in the room to be incredible, it gives me so much hope! I also found the knowledge of some people in the room invaluable and was a really great chance for networking for future collaborations and support.
This event is supported by For Blue, the City of Cockburn, and the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation.