Emotional Regulation & Distress Tolerance Group Therapy
An eight-week program which helps people to understand their experience of distress and how to use compassion to respond to difficult experiences.
|Delivery||In person at our Sydney Clinic|
|Time||Mondays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Duration||8 Weeks from 16th October 2023 to 4th December 2023|
We are offering a group therapy and skills development program for adults over the age of 18 experiencing difficulties in emotions, distress, anxiety, and relationships. The program will run for 8 weeks (2 hours per week) and is based upon skills developed for dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT).
The group is facilitated by provisionally registered Psychology students, under the supervision of a Clinical Psychologist. Please note that this program is only offered at the Sydney Campus.
In this program, we will:
• Explore how we think and build mindfulness practices in everyday experiences and routines.
• Learn skills in how to survive, accept, and overcome stressful or anxiety inducing experiences.
• Learn to move ourselves out of constantly being in ‘crisis mode’.
• Develop skills in identifying, expressing, and working with our emotions.
• Build skills in communication: learning how to assert ourselves; strengthen our relationships with others; and increase our confidence and self-respect.
There are two groups available:
Emotion Regulation and Distress Skills Group for Young Adults aged 17-25
Emotion Regulation and Distress Skills Group for Adults 18+
There is no cost or Medicare referral needed. Self-referrals are welcome, so please get in touch today!