CORES Suicide Prevention Training | Launceston
This training is designed to provide individuals and communities with the essential skills and resources required to identify and respond to a person at risk of suicide and build on a communities capacity to eliminate suicide.
On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Use the language given in the National Communications Charter: Suicide Language Guide, to have safe and respectful conversations around suicide;
- Recognise the warning signs of suicide;
- Identify and develop personal self-care strategies;
- Promote help-seeking behaviour before a crisis occurs;
- Identify and promote protective factors;
- Identify how to support a person at risk to access appropriate services and to develop their own safety plan.