Export Capability Building workshop – METS Exports
You are invited to attend Investment NSW’s upcoming Export Capability Building workshop for current and potential Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) exporters in collaboration with Austmine.
The NSW METS Export Capability Building Workshop will provide valuable information for METS companies seeking to develop or expand their export footprint. The speakers will you provide you with valuable insights into potential export markets and global mining industry landscape.
You will also have the opportunity to hear about our upcoming Going Global Export Program in METS to Indonesia.
- Key markets for METS
- METS exporter Q&A – What markets and why?
- Market selection & entry models
- METS exporter Q&A – How Did You Enter and Why?
- Investment NSW export advisory services and information on Going Global Export Program in METS to Indonesia
- Region-by-region scan of key international mining markets for NSW METS companies that include Asia-Pacific, North and South America and Africa.
- Information on market selection and entry models and which export markets these are most applicable to.
- Insight from successful METS exporters on their market selection and market entry strategies and key lessons learnt
The workshop will also provide a range of resources to guide export growth including Market Selection and Entry Template developed by Austmine.
- Sheldon Varcoe, Manager – International Projects, Austmine
Sheldon has considerable knowledge of the mining and METS sectors and his experience ranges across sales and marketing, project management, business development, communications, international business and research. Throughout his time at Austmine, Sheldon has facilitated several international projects and opportunities for Australian businesses, including leading trade missions to Peru, USA and Canada, delivering the Australian METS India Growth Program, hosted numerous global open innovation challenges and supported the APEC METS Sector Development Project.
- Collins Rex, Owner, Rex Ideas and Victoria METS Export Hub Lead, Austmine
Collins combines 30+ years of marketing skills with vast experience in international trade. She has owned and operated highly successful communications and consultancy businesses on two continents, and in her professional capacity assists clients across a range of international marketing, product development and communications areas. Over the course of her career, Collins has trained hundreds of companies in the technical aspects of international trade, from the basics to market selection, marketing, export documentation and free trade agreement utilisation. She has done this in markets as diverse as Australia, Peru, the USA, South Africa and Solomon Islands. Collins is regularly called upon to address international organisations, including the World Trade Organisation and World Customs Organisation. She sits on the WCO eCommerce Working Group and is a member of Advisory Council of the Netherlands based eCommerce Foundation.
- Kutay Kesim, Senior Associate - Export Development Services, Investment NSW
Kutay is an experienced international trade professional working in the Export team at Investment NSW, responsible for providing export advisory services to mining & METS sectors and emerging industries. With ten years experience in the field, Kutay has developed a deep understanding of the international trade landscape, including market research, export regulations, logistics and cross-cultural considerations.
Please RSVP by 5:00pm, Friday 19 May 2023.
For any questions, please contact either options below:
Kutay Kesim: Senior Associate, Export Development Services Investment NSW
T: 02 9228 4188 | M: 0447 409 056
Audrey Minami: Project Officer, Export Programs, Investment NSW
T: 02 9228 3109
We look forward to seeing you there.