Farmer For a Day!
FARMER FOR A DAY
You’ll get the chance to be one of our Farmers for the day by getting outdoors, meeting some of our animals, doing hands-on Farm work and a workshop where you will create something to take home. You’ll learn about how we take care of the animals and the land we rely on as humans. Your tour, Farm work and workshop will be facilitated by Collingwood Children’s Farm educators. Please note that the workshop project changes each school holiday period. So don’t worry if you’ve come before- next holidays you’ll be making something different!
• Available to children aged 8–14 years old only
• A maximum of 12 attendees per day, supervised by CCF staff
• Runs from 9 am to 4 pm | booking duration: 7 hours
• Available on select weekdays during Victorian school holidays only
• Priced per person: $130 plus booking fees (concession pricing available, see below)
Outline of the Day
Just like our farmers, what you do at Farmer for a Day changes slightly depending on the season.
- 9:00 am: Arrival at Farm Reception, followed by welcoming activities in the Barn
- 9:30 am: Farm tour and a chance to meet some of the animals
- 10:30 am: Morning tea (Please bring your own food with you)
- 11:00–12:30 pm: Farm work
- 12:30–1:30 pm: Lunch (Please bring your own food with you)
- 1:30–3:00 pm: Workshop activity
- 3:00–4:00 pm: End of day closing activities
- 4:00 pm: Pick up from Reception.
What to Wear & Bring
• Come dressed for any weather—rain, hail or shine! We suggest wearing waterproof and sun-smart clothing, including: a rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, pants and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Please note: to protect yourself on the Farm, you must wear closed-toe shoes. Flat boots or gumboots are suitable options, especially when it rains and the Farm gets muddy.
• We are a working community farm, so getting hands-on is all a part of the fun! You can bring a spare change of clean clothes for the end of the day if you’d like.
• There will be time between activities for you to have morning tea and lunch.
• Please bring your own food with you. Unfortunately, there will not be time to purchase food from the Farm Cafe.
Extreme Weather Policy
Please note we have an extreme weather policy and in the event that the temperature reaches 35°C ; an extreme weather warning is issued; there is hazardous air quality; or CCF deems conditions to be unsafe, children will need to be collected from the Farm as all activities will cease. Refunds will not be given on days effected by the extreme weather policy. This is for the health, safety and wellbeing of children, staff and animals.
A 50% discount is available for valid concession card holders. To access the discount code, please email proof of your valid concession* to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Reception team will get back to you as soon as possible with a discount code to enter at the Humanitix checkout online. This will allow you to book your tickets for $65 each (plus booking fees).
These cards entitle you to concession entry:
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card, Health Care Card and Pensioner Concession Card.
Entry is free for Carer/Companion Card holders supporting an attendee. Please make a note that you will be attending in the booking.
Farmer for a Day is a busy day full of interactions with animals, visitors, staff and farm equipment. Please have a chat before your child’s visit about behavioural expectations to ensure they are aware of the importance of listening to instructions and showing respect to animals and each other. We will do everything we can to support your child and their needs, however, if there are circumstances where their behaviour becomes a concern, their emergency contact will be called to collect them.
Please see the School Holiday Program page on our website or click on the links below to view the following supporting documents:
• Covid-safe Plan
• Child-safe Policy, Code of Conduct and Procedure
• Risk Management and Mitigation Information
Thank you for your support! Your bookings help us to fund and care for the animals, land and programs that make Collingwood Children's Farm a place for community through social inclusion.