Introduction to Fermenting at Home
During this three hours hands-on workshop, you will learn the basics of making your own sauerkraut, fermented seasonal vegetables and kombucha.
You will walk away with your own jars of vegetables to ferment at home, a Kombucha SCOBY to start your kombucha brewing and extensive notes. All ferments will be vegan.
What you will learn
- The basics to successfully start fermenting vegetables at home
- Ideas about creating your own fermented condiments
- How to use fermented products in day to day life
What you will get
- Extensive notes about how to ferment vegetables
- Vegetables that you will prepare in class and take home to ferment
- Samples of fermented products to taste in class
What to bring
- An apron
- 3 jars (size: 375ml to 500 ml)
Lauren Mueller‘s interest in fermentation and preserving began about four years ago when she started gaining an understanding of how much food goes to waste in Australia and elsewhere. Her explorations into food security lead her into learning more about the magic of fermentation and pickling and she became enthralled in the process and intrigued by it’s amazing health benefits.
Photos/Recordings of the event and attendees
During events, photographs or recordings may be taken and by attending, you consent to be photographed or recorded and having your photos or recordings used for CERES promotional purposes only. Please speak to the event presenter should you wish to be excluded.