Festival Opening Picnic
Nature Festival 2023 welcomes you to our Festival Opening for a day of arts, wonder, and adventure at Carrick Hill. Our 2023 theme, ‘The Nature of Home’ invites you to explore and find your home in the beauty of the natural world.
Step into creativity, adventure and culture for a memorable experience and have a sneak peak into the enriching festival program ahead.
Opening with a Welcome to Country by Ngangki Warra, meet artists and enjoy free sample events and workshops by our festival hosts, including weaving with Kaurna Elder Elaine Magias.
Delight your senses with live music from Kaurna Cronin, Naomi Keyte, Maryam Rahmani and other local talents, and of course, indulge a little with tasty culinary treats from Fork on the Road and the Carrick Hill Cafe.
Pack your picnic blanket and we look forward to welcoming you and creating some springtime bliss.
This event is free but registration is essential.
- 12pm Fork on the Road opens for trading on the lawns (running 12-4pm)
- 12:15pm Welcome to Country with Ngangki Warra
- Offical Opening of "Carrick Hill in Bloom" inside Carrick Hill House (entry fee applies)
- 12:30-1:25pm Naomi Keyte (Live Solo Set)
- 12:45-1pm Tai Chi with Larissa Lamnek (free)
- 1-2pm Weave with on Country with Kaurna Elder Elaine Magias (free)
- 1-3pm Tree of Life by Adelaide National Park City (free)
- 1:25-2:20pm Kaurna Cronin (Live Solo Set)
- 1:30-1:55pm Sensory Sessions in Nature for Kids with Arts by Nature (free)
- 2:15-2:30pm Kaurna Bush Tucker Workshop with Southern Cultural Immersion (free)
- 2:20-3:15pm Maryam Rahmani (Live Solo Set)
- 3:00-3:30pm Creative Floral Workshop for Adults and Kids with Sky Allen, Carrick Hill's Florist in Residence (free)
- 3:15-4pm Sofia Menguita (Live Solo Set)
This event is produced as a partnership between Nature Festival and Carrick Hill. Carrick Hill is a significant South Australian cultural tourism attraction that comprises a major heritage building, internationally significant art collections and magnificent heritage garden.
Please note that car parking onsite at Carrick Hill has changed and is extremely limited, street parking may be required.