National Reconciliation Week Film Screening - (2006)
Enjoy featured screenings on the big-ish screen at the Library in acknowledgement of National Reconciliation Week.
What film is it? Due to copyright we cannot publish the names here but check out the clues below or the second image above to see if you can guess.
- Multi-award-winning film from 2006.
- Directed by Rolf de Heer.
- Starring Crusoe Kurddal, Jamie Gulpilil, Richard Birrinbirrin, Peter Mingylulu, Frances Djulibing
- A story within a story within a story. In Australia's Northern Territory, an Aboriginal narrator tells a story about his ancestors on a goose hunt. A youngster on the hunt is being tempted to adultery with his elder brother's wife, so an elder tells him a story from the mythical past about how evil can slip in and cause havoc unless prevented by virtue according to customary tribal law.
- Warning: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are advised that the program may contain images, voices and videos of deceased persons.
- Rating: M - naturalistic nudity, swearing, gory, moderate violence.
Manly Library enquiries 8495 5023