Fitzroy Dance Class - Jhoom Bollywood - Wednesday 14th Jun 2023
We look forward to welcoming you at our Fitzroy casual drop-in bollywood dance class on Wednesday.
What are the classes like?
Here is a quote from a class attendee which sums it all up:
“It’s definitely improved my fitness, but more importantly it’s helped me lose my inhibitions. For an hour each week you don’t take life too seriously.”
To participate, we ask that you to agree to the following:
- Attendees will be required to register and pay via Humanitix prior to class each week. Registrations for in-studio classes are 1 per attendee (spots are limited). Please note there will be no cash on premises.
- Registrations for classes will close at 5pm on the day of the class, so please register prior to that if you plan to attend. If you cannot make it, please cancel your ticket so that someone else can grab that spot.
- In-studio attendees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Hand sanitiser will be supplied - please apply prior to entering the classroom and continue to practice good hand hygiene.
- Please arrive in comfortable work-out clothes. If you have Indian clothing please feel free to get into character.
- Appropriate footwear is essential.
- Bring your own towel and a bottle of water.
- Please do not attend dance classes if any of the following apply to you:
- you are unwell
- you have been in close contact with a known active case of COVID-19
- you have COVID-19 symptoms
By participating in our classes you fully understand that participation in any Jhoom-Bollywood Dance Company (JDC) class is taken at your own risk. You accept that JDC will not take responsibility for any incidents or injuries incurred during the class. You will take responsibility for your safety by following the instructions given by JDC staff and wearing appropriate attire. You also understand that if you suffer from any injuries/medical conditions that may affect your participation in this class, it is your responsibility to seek the necessary medical advice and/or take the appropriate precautions to prevent problems in the affected areas/ condition.
- New song and dance routine every week, repeating some steps from previous classes whilst also introducing new moves.
- Beginner-intermediate level friendly, with high and low impact options given, for a good cardio workout!
- Warm up, learn a full routine, perform as a group and cool down - all in 1 hour!
- Attendance may be on a casual basis.
- In-studio classes are for adults only. Children over the age of 10 years are permitted provided they are accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- To maintain a comfortable environment, no spectators are allowed in the studio.
- No classes on public holidays.
- Changes to programs (and venues) may be necessary at times. Please follow our Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages for regular updates on classes, events and services.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Wednesdays if you have any issues as we will be busy preparing for and travelling to class after that.
Note: the registration link will change each week so keep an eye on our website for the details of upcoming classes.
Class format: 60mins:
- Teacher will begin exactly at 7.30pm AEDT (and spend a few minutes outlining the class process for all and use of the video conference for those online)
- Teacher will take you through a warm-up to music
- Teacher will teach the dance routine step by step
- Teacher will take you through a cool down with stretches
- 5mins for class change-over (we run advance level classes straight after)
A Teacher's Assistant will be present to help in-studio attendees.
The song for the dance routine will be added to Jhoom Bollywood’s Spotify playlist that can be found here so that you can continue dancing at home. Alternatively you can search for JhoomBollywood on Spotify “Profiles”
Health alerts :
Due to the changing guidelines, you may be interested in trusted sources of information, such as those below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
We look forward to Jhoom-ing with you!!