Foods of our Lineages: Weaving our Tapestry of Belonging
Cornerstone invites you for an evening of weaving stories from our various cultural histories, sharing in the foods of our lineages, and finding ways to meet each other in this novel time in history; a time where countless journeys from across the world are converging and coalescing in the city we call Melbourne.
FUNDRAISING FOR FREE TO FEED:
This evening is donation-based, and all proceeds will be supporting the social enterprise Free to Feed. They create empowering employment opportunities for people seeking asylum & refugees through the creation of shared food experiences.
- Spend some time reflecting on the history you are carrying; the lands and cultures of your heritage.
- Find a recipe from your lineage, and prepare it into a meal to share with the group. Perhaps it is a recipe that has been passed down through your family tree.
- Bring a story, an artifact, or a piece of knowledge from your lineage to share.
- More instructions will be provided to registrants.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A warm and inviting gathering over a candlelit, long-table dinner.
- Some lightly guided reflections and conversational topics.
- Space for sharing stories and cultural knowledge from each of our heritages.
These evenings are facilitated by the team at Cornerstone. Find out more about us here: https://www.cornerstonemelbourne.au/about-us
ALL ARE WELCOME:
All ages, cultures, orientations.
This event and this series seek to create spaces for all, as we seek to build bridges, and weave trust. We hope to co-create open, connective, and generative dialogues; even in all of our differences.
🌏 HONOURING THE LANDS AND WATERS WE GATHER WITH:
We acknowledge that this event takes place on and with unceded Aboriginal land. We pay our utmost respect to the Wurrundjeri people from the Kulin nation and invite all who join us to remember history, pain, and privilege as we seek to include history, live, love, and lead in ways that allow a more inclusive and regenerative future to emerge.
We look forward to seeing you!
Vadim, Al, Sally and Kyle