The Great Aussie Composting Roadshow will provide intensive animal industries such as egg and broiler farms, cattle feedlots, piggeries and dairy farms with tailored and in-depth information regarding solid manure management, focusing on composting as a management tool.
Where relevant, the composting of food and fibre processing residues in regional areas and the co-composting of urban and agricultural residues will also be discussed.
Each event will feature five key speakers, listed below, who will provide a framework for the discussion, in addition to presentations from local industry and government representatives.
- Professor Robert Rynk, State University of New York
- Matthew Cotton, Composting Consultant, California
- Janine Price, Scolexia Animal & Avian Health Consultancy
- Dr Kevin Wilkinson, Frontier Ag & Environment
- Johannes Biala, University of Queensland, Centre for Recycling of Organic Waste and Nutrients
The Great Aussie Composting Roadshow will address and answer your questions on the following key topics:
- Why consider composting?
- Regulations governing manure management and composting
- The fundamentals of composting
- Composting technologies, equipment and costs
- Mortality composting and biosecurity
- Co-composting of agricultural and non-agricultural residues
- Compost characteristics and compost use
Each event will conclude with a roundtable for discussion and Q&A.