Compost is one of nature’s best mulches and soil additives, and you can use it instead of commercial fertilisers. Best of all, compost is cheap. You can make it without spending a cent. Compost in your garden improves its soil structure, texture, and aeration, and increases the soil’s waterholding capacity. It’s also a great way of getting rid of your kitchen scraps and garden waste.
Our presenters, Errol Wood and David Grantham, will cover:
• Getting started – it’s easier than you think!
• How to construct a compost heap – the options
• Which materials may (or should not) be composted?
• Moisture requirements for efficient composting
• The pros and cons of ‘cool’ or ‘hot’ composting
• The “Bokashi option”
A gold coin donation to support our activities will be much appreciated.
A big thank you to our wonderful sponsors!
We extend our sincere appreciation to all our sponsors, Rata Foundation, Selwyn District Council, COGS, Lottery Community, Lincoln University, Creative Communities Scheme, Lincoln Community Trust, Lincoln Community Committee.