Grow your own veggies this spring - with Dr Compost (Queenstown)
Dr Compost’s free gardening workshop will give you the know how to turn your backyard into a productive local food hub.
This free Dr Compost gardening workshop will take you through everything you need to know to get a veggie garden started and to maximise your harvest.
Dr Compost's top tips come from 20+ years of growing and composting in our harsh climate. In this workshop you’ll learn:
- how to build a raised bed to using mulch to conserve moisture in the soil
- which vegetables grow best in the Queenstown Lakes district
- when to plant for the best yields
- how to grow from seed, transplant seedlings and stagger plantings to avoid gluts
- all about the magic of compost to add life to your soil, increase its water holding capacity and feed your plants
You’ll leave inspired to start growing, and with the know how to turn your backyard into a productive local food hub.
The Dr Compost home-composting project is funded by Queenstown Lakes District Council and delivered by Wastebusters to reduce organic waste in landfill.
Get your free ticket to secure your place at this fun and informative workshop.