Growing Abundance Workshop - Permie Gardening
Did you now we actually have 3 summers in the veg garden here in the subtropics?
We have 3 distinct seasons for cold temperate, Mediterranean and tropical crops in the garden.
This is one of the secrets to successful vegetable gardening in the subtropics for Nthn Rivers and SE Qld.
This info-packed weekend course will cover:
• seed saving,
• companion planting,
• crop rotation,
• working with the subtropic seasons,
• planning year-round food supply - subtropical three 'summers'
• making compost & compost tea and worm juice brews,
• perennial and tropical vegetables & tubers,
• garden to table tips for harvest, post harvest and cooking unusual vegetables.
This weekend course will balance theory and hands-on practical learning at Djanbung Gardens, a 5+acre permaculture education centre where the concepts taught are practiced.
Robyn Francis, permaculture pioneer, educator, designer and author, shares 5 decades experience in organic gardening including over 30 years in the subtropics of northern NSW.
Sat-Sun 9-4 - free onsite camping by arrangement
Djanbung Gardens is the home of Permaculture College Australia, located just 1km from the heart of Nimbin village at 74 Cecil St, Nimbin.
Cost: $195 /$150 conc incl. m/a teas, lunches & course notes
Early bird $175 book and pay before September 28