Guided Bird Walk - Bronte
COME BIRD WITH ME - GUIDED BIRD WALK - BRONTE
Meeting Point: 7am Lookout Point, Calga Reserve, Bronte
This event was made possible with support from Waverley Council. Waverley Residents can attend for half price!
Join your host Jade and a small group on a guided walk around Bronte. Enjoy a morning of bird watching and beautiful!
Guided Bird Walk includes:
- Guidance on how to identify local bird species by sight and sound
- Practice spotting birds and using binoculars
- Binoculars will be provided for the walk
- You will get a local bird list to take home
- Optional, join me for a coffee at the end.
All experience levels welcome!
Places are limited so booking is essential.
- Start: 7am Meet at Calga Reserve, on the coastal walk between Bronte Beach and Cemetery.
- Walk: ~2.5 km walk through Calga Reserve, Bronte Park, Bronte Gully. We will walk slowly and stop often to admire our feathered friends. Depending what we see, the exact timing and route may vary.
- Coffee: Approx 8:15 am we will finish the walk at one of the cafes on Bronte Rd (a few minutes walk from where we started). Please stay and share a coffee with me. If you do have to run off to work - bring your keep cup for takeaway!
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle
- Weather sensible clothing and sun protection
- Backpack or bag - you will want your hands free to use the binoculars
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear
We will walk slowly and stop often to admire our feathered friends. Please be mindful there are sections with stairs and uneven ground and there may not be somewhere to sit when we stop, so come prepared to be on you feet for the duration.
This guided walk is suitable for people aged 12 and over. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. An adult accompanying children only needs to book a place if they want their own binoculars.
If you would like to join a walk, but the cost of tickets is a barrier. No worries, send an email to email@example.com and I’ll sort you out.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR GUIDE
My name is Jade and I have been birdwatching around the Easter Suburbs and beyond for over 6 years. For me bird watching is a great way for to connect with nature everyday. I feel grounded and more connected to my home when I can put names to the birds and other wildlife around me. And when you see a new bird, it's a lot of fun! Bird watching also opened me to all these opportunities to care for them; bush care, native gardening, and supporting wildlife corridors. This gave me purpose and fulfilment. I want to share this sense of wonder, connection and care, with my fellow nature lovers out there. Please reach out to me if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Transport: 379 Bus Macpherson St and Bronte Road near Calga Reserve. 379 bus also stops at Bronte Beach Terminus, Bronte Road near the cafés where we will finish up.
- Walking: Coming from North or South, the coastal walk is a beautiful way to get there. From West, walking down thought the gully or Cemetery is another lovely option
- Cycling: Another great option.
- Parking: there is street parking all up Calga Place nearby.
- Please note: we will finish about a 5 minute walk from where we start.
- Toilets: there are two toilet blocks in Bronte Park, one behind the SLSC, the other at the south end of the beach near the ocean pool.
- Water: there are bubblers in Bronte park to have a drink or fill your water bottle.
THIS EVENT WAS MADE POSSIBLE WITH SUPPORT FROM WAVERLEY COUNCIL.