Gunning Solar Farm Community Information Sessions
Gunning Subco (owned by Canadian Solar) propose to develop a 250MW solar farm and an up to 150MW/4 hour battery energy storage system (BESS) in Lade Vale, NSW. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) has been prepared, to assess the significance of the potential economic, environmental and social impacts associated with the construction and operation of the Project.
The EIS will be on public exhibition during October 2023, where it will be available on the DPE website for the community to read and make submissions.
Check the Major Projects website for updates here:
Gunning Solar Farm | Planning Portal - Department of Planning and Environment (nsw.gov.au)
Gunning Subco is planning community drop-in sessions in October 2023 to coincide with the EIS exhibition, so that the community can ask questions about the EIS and specialist studies and provide additional feedback on the project, particularly in response to the proposed community and neighbourhood benefits sharing scheme which is described in the EIS.
We are hiring the Gunning Courthouse for the drop-in sessions, please join us when it suits you. Representatives from Gunning Subco will be present to answer questions about the Project, including Director of Development Sinch Lim, and Planning and Development Manager, Katie Schultz. Representatives from Upper Lachlan Shire Council have also been invited, to enable informed consideration of community benefits sharing.
Information to be shared during the Community Drop-in Sessions will include:
- Project layout and access route
- Proposed landscaping
- Proposed road upgrades - Hume Highway offramp and Lade Vale Road
- EIS executive summary – printed copies will be available to read
- Viewshed and visual impact analysis
- Specialist environmental studies
- Proposed Community and Neighbourhood Benefits Schemes - we are really keen for your feedback
- Other project benefits – employment, goods and services, how to register your interest
- Agrisolar (the coexistance of the solar farm and sheep grazing)
- Approvals and construction timeline
- Feedback – feedback forms will be available (print and digital)
We hope you can make it along.
Please feel free to reach out to us via our website or by email: email@example.com with any questions or any other topics you'd like added.
Website: About the Project | Gunning Solar Farm