Hands On Autism - Understanding Autism in Children
The team at Children's Autism Foundation presents "Hands On Autism", a fun, informative and interactive workshop for parents, whanau and any professionals who engage with children or young people on the Autism Spectrum.
You will take away practical strategies to help your child thrive in the home or school setting and in their wider community.
- A Guide to Autism – understanding autism and how it presents in a young person
- Strategies for Behaviour – practical strategies to help reduce challenging behaviour
- Sensory - learn about sensory issues and sensitivities in children with ASD
- Dealing with Anxiety – what is anxiety? Examples of social interactions that lead to anxiety and tips on how to support a child or young person through anxiety
- This workshop also gives you the opportunity to connect with other parents/caregivers of children with Autism
This workshop is free for families/whanau/caregivers. $150 for professionals.
Many thanks to the Manurewa Local Board for their support which enables us to offer this workshop at no cost to families/whanau.
This workshop is presented by Children's Autism Foundation Facilitators:
- Emma Bartlett
- Jeanita Cush-Hunter
Read more about our facilitators here