This is a 6 hour workshop with all materials and supplies included and you will work on your own woven cloth that you can take home. Depending on your preferences and finished length this cloth could be used for a cowl as in the photo, or a scarf, bag, pouch, book or ipad cover, bookmarks, coasters, or a wall hanging. Select your colour option when booking and we’ll have Ashford rigid heddle looms set up and ready to go at the start of class.
Skills covered will include:
– General weaving terminology
– Weaving Plainweave (Tabby)
– Neat Selvedges & avoiding draw-in or loops at edges
– Posture & tips for avoiding strain
– Using more than one colour/shuttle & adding new colours
– Houndstooth pattern
– Advancing the warp & getting the right tension
– Tips for fixing or re-working ‘mistakes’.
– Direct Warping (for a rigid heddle loom)
We will be using 100% wool yarns, if you are unable to use wool please contact us to discuss alternative options.
Minimum class size of 4 persons applies – in the event that the minimum is not reached the class will not run and we will contact you to either refund or carry over to another suitable workshop.
Suitable for ages 10+ (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult).
This event is part of the 2023 East Gippsland Winter Festival, running from 9 June - 9 July. For the full festival program, please visit: https://egwinterfest.com.au/