Holistic Weed Management at Whangarata Hall
Learn creative composting: how to turn your invasive weeds into top quality compost.
- Weeds don't have to cause stress or overwhelm, so long as you have practical methods to manage them. And that doesn't mean reaching for toxic weedkillers.
- Learn a range of strategies for biodynamic pest management - we'll talk through the common problems presented by the group so you can go home and feel like you aren't losing your garden to weeds faster than you plant it.
Any questions about this class? Please email me at email@example.com
What to bring:
- We'll be outside, so gumboots or covered shoes are necessary.
- Wear suitable clothes for gardening. Most people like to have their own garden gloves when we start handling soil. We will go ahead in all weather, unless there is a power cut in the hall.
- We'll be sitting on the grass for part of the workshop, and I find an old cardboard box a handy 'picnic mat' to sit on. You may prefer a tarpaulin or other surface. If the grass is really wet then we'll move onto the concrete, where again, a cardboard box squashed flat makes a nicer surface for sitting.