HOMO EROTICA - Blood Rave
HOMO EROTICA: the Blood Rave returns!
Last year during the Halloween period we presented our first Blood Rave - and it proved one of our most popular editions of HOMO EROTICA. This year we've returned to Inflation and made Blood Rave part of Melbourne Fringe Festival
Inspired by the iconic opening scene from the cult vampire motion picture Blade*, Blood Rave features our haunting, subterranean techno Basement, plus a disco / house room upstairs with bloody great performances throughout the night
*Note - as you'll remember from last year's edition, there won't be jets of 'blood' spraying around à la the opening scene of Blade 🙃
Jump into our blood/slick station and get drenched in ‘blood’ before indulging in a sinful night of debauchery
If blood is not your thing, get spooky or just get yer kit off! Kink wear is also always welcome at HOMO EROTICA!
Serving suggestions: blood soaked / undead / calavera / pagan & ritual / kink / minimal or no clothing - wear what makes you feel fabulous and gets you in the mood for an unadulterated evening of hedonistic pleasure and black magic
Disco, pop and house upstairs from 9pm with performances at 11pm + 1am
Techno in the dirty, filthy basement from 10pm
/ Von Riga
What: HOMO EROTICA - Blood Rave
When: Saturday 21 October 2023, doors open 9pm
Where: Inflation, 60 King St Melbourne
queer / sex-positive / clothing optional / techno heavy / gender inclusive
Disclaimer & Recommendations
- Arrive in and wear clothes which you won’t mind getting messy and which are easily cleaned
- We’re using fake blood which we’re assured will wash out - but we can’t guarantee that
- Be aware of your surroundings and try to minimise spreading your fake blood
- We recommend you bring your own towel to clean yourself with afterwards - we’ll also have limited wet wipes on hand
// We create a safe space for everyone to express their authentic selves
// All genders, sexual orientations, body types and subcultures are celebrated at HOMO EROTICA
// You must be at least 18 years of age to enter
// Consent is mandatory
// Please watch out for one another and be kind
// Please read our Code of Conduct before joining us for a night of queer euphoria
Safety & Wellbeing
If you have any questions or concerns before the night, please feel free to hit us up via email (hello @ buffevents . com). And during the party you can talk with one of our roving team (they will be wearing a lanyard), or ask one of the lovely people working in the cloaking area, behind the bar, or one of the security team. We generally have a quiet space where you or someone who needs it can take time out.
Your privacy is very important to us. Our official photographer will take pictures of subjects who agree to them being published and we send these pictures for another round of approval to ticket holders before publishing them online.
If you subsequently change your mind and don’t want your picture featured, please help us identify the picture and we’ll be happy to un-publish it.
We don’t allow guests to take pictures and videos of others (except performers on stage) unless you’ve obtained the subject’s explicit consent. Generally, we respectfully ask patrons to keep phone activity to a minimum and instead enjoy the party!
* Full cloak included in ticket price. A $5.00 re-cloak fee applies
* Government issued photo ID is required for entry
* We have a Code of Conduct and if you attend our event(s) you MUST abide by it
* With the above in mind, Safety, Respect & Consent underpin everything we do and how we do it
* Hazard warning: presence of strobe, flashing and intense lights, laser projections, contrasting visual patterns including stripes, grids and checkerboards, smoke and haze, loud music and noise
* Venue is only accessible by stairs
* If you’re unsure about what’s going on or what’s expected, or if you’re feeling anxious, have a chat with a member of the BUFF team before the event or on the night – we’re here to help you enjoy a really fabulous party and help you keep it together afterwards!
* Refunds or exchanges are possible up to 7 days before the event (however booking fees are not refundable). Otherwise, all ticket sales are final
We acknowledge that Australia is stolen land and that sovereignty was never ceded.
We’d like to acknowledge this history and pay our respect to elders both past, present and emerging.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land, the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.
A huge thank-you to Jony Berry, director of the Ballawinnie Aboriginal Corporation, for his help developing our First Nations programme.