HealthTech Hub Masterclass: How can I fund my innovation without giving up equity? (Non-dilutive funding options)
Learn where you can seek grants and other non-dillutive funding for your bio, med or health tech innovation in our upcoming Health Tech Hub Masterclass.
This masterclass is part of a series aimed to help researchers, innovators, clinicians and start-up founders understand what is required to successfully bring an innovation to market.
Commercialising your research or innovation takes time and money. Join this masterclass to find out how to finance your innovation, and what the different options are without giving up equity. The session will cover a number of options, and have guest speakers diving deeper into the Medical Devices Fund, the R&D Tax Incentive covering its focus, required maturity level, application process, impact on companies and the wider ecosystem. We will also hear from Jeremy Kwarcinski, co-founder of iiShield, who had been successful in receiving several of these grants and funding options and will share his insights with the audience.
Learn from experts
- Dr. Katja Beitat, Head of Health Tech at Cicada Innovations, Australia's leading incubator for deep tech startups and scale-ups
- Lilly Bojarski, General Manager at the Cicada Innovations Health Tech Hub
- Zed Klingenberg, Programs Manager at the Cicada Innovations Health Tech Hub
- Amanda Vrselja, Program Head, CUREator, Brandon Capital
- Fay Ballouk, Policy Officer, Office for Health and Medical Research
- Jeremy Kwarcinski, CEO iiShield Thermal Organ Protection
- Julie Wheway, Assistant Manager, AusIndustry
- What are the different types of funding relevant for health care founders:
- Government Grants
- CUREator+ Grant
- Medical Device Fund
- Industry Growth Programs
- Other funding avenues
- What are the requirements to access those funding options
- What are non-obvious requirements assessors look for? What reporting and administrative duties exist for the respective grants?
- How can you be successful in securing these funding mechanisms
Who’s it for?
Designed specifically for researchers, innovators, clinicians and start-up founders at Westmead’s Health and Innovation District and beyond
**Lunch will be provided
About the Masterclass Series
Cicada Innovations is proud to be collaborating with the Westmead Health & Innovation District, Australia’s fastest-growing health and innovation precinct, for this commercialisation masterclass series. These masterclasses are to help bridge the gap between research and commercialisation.