Introduction to Social Role Valorization (SRV) - 2 Day Workshop - BRISBANE, QLD
Towards a Better Life: A Two Day Introduction to Social Role Valorization (SRV) - 2 Day Workshop - BRISBANE, QLD
About this Workshop:
Learn a framework that helps give meaning and depth and helps to make the most of contemporary opportunities! This workshop explores how getting valued roles can lead to changed societal perceptions and strengthen the likelihood that people with a devalued status will get a better life.
The core themes and principles of SRV will be explored through presentations, exercises and discussions. Completion allows entry to the 5 day practicum, PASSING.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for participants from a range of sectors (disability, aged care, mental health, youth etc). This will include support workers, coordinators, family members, people with disabilities, people with a mental illness and older people receiving services. Participants will be people who are looking for ways of meeting the real needs of marginalised people, resulting in a better lives.
- August 9 & August 10, 2023
- On day 1, please arrive at 8:15 AM to sign in, for an 8:45 AM start. Concludes at 5:00 PM.
- On day 2, please arrive at 8:30 AM to sign in, for a 9:00 AM start. Concludes at 5:00 PM.
- The venue is Mt Gravatt Bowls Club
- Address: 1873 Logan Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
- You can phone the venue on (07) 3349 2367 for more information related to the venue itself.
- Standard: $335.00 including GST
- Concession: $115.00 including GST
- Morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided. Please note any essential dietary requirements in your registration.
- Tickets are limited to 5 per organisation. If you would like to book more tickets for your organisation, please contact Ricky on 0447 574 600
- Registrations close on Wednesday 26 July
About Values in Action Association
Values in Action is an incorporated association and an independent Social Role Valorisation (SRV) education initiative. We work with individuals, families, human services, community organisers and activists to assist people to understand SRV and to explore how they might use the lessons of SRV to achieve good lives for devalued people.
Our Objectives are to:
- Tell People about SRV
- Provide Events
- Provide development & Leadership to Individuals
- Engage with Other Organisations in SRV Activities
Contact Values in Action Association