JAPANESE BASIC INTENSIVE COOKING CLASS
In just one day, you can master the fundamentals of healthy and easy Japanese Cooking in a fully hands-on and fun workshop while gaining practical skills and knowledge. Save your time and money ($40 off) in this intensive workshop combining the Japanese Cooking Class (Beginner) and Japanese Cooking Class (Intermediate).
Follow detailed demonstrations by celebrated chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, who has had over twenty years experience and has frequented some of Sydney's top kitchens, authored two cookbooks and worked on shows like The Biggest Loser.
Did you know most Japanese restaurants use lots of MSG in their cooking! These restaurants also don’t use traditional ingredients meaning the food loses taste and nutrition! But don’t worry. This class is MSG-free and we will use only traditional, high-quality Japanese ingredients to make our food yummy and healthy.
You will follow traditional methods replicable at home, including essential Japanese seasonings, cooking techniques and a variety of yummy recipes.
Some examples of what will be covered from the beginner class:
- An understanding of basic Japanese seasonings
- How to balance each meal
- How to cook authentic rice
- How to make vegetarian dashi stock
- Miso soup (using homemade dashi/powdered dashi)
- How to cook teriyaki
- Making goma-ae (traditional Japanese salad) in two ways
- Cooking perfect crispy tempura served with dipping sauce
- Basic knife skills
Some examples of what will be covered from the intermediate class:
- Cook healthier and easier eggplant dengaku
- Learn how to cook this without deep-frying
- Try two types of dengaku miso sauce
- Prepare agedashi tofu from scratch, using nori and daikon
- Daikon, edamame and umeboshi salad
- Learn how to use daikon to maximise its health benefits
- How to prepare Inari sushi from scratch
- Prepare two flavours of quinoa sushi
- Prepare reduced sugar inari skin from scratch
All classes are served with alkaline water and Matcha green tea.
- All of Yoshiko's classes (except the Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)) are suitable for vegans.
- Reservations may be transferred to another available class if more than 30 days’ notice is given.
- If you cannot make it to your reserved class, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
- Cancellations are not refundable.
- Booking is essential and is subject to availability.
- Taught by Chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, 20 years of experience in teaching, author of "Cooking with Soy", " Cooking with Japanese super foods" and renowned for cooking in some of Sydney’s top kitchens and work on The Biggest Loser
- Learn through detailed demonstration from the teacher PLUS hands-on practice
- No washing required, unlike most cooking classes - all you do is learn, cook, eat and have fun!
- Enjoy freshly made healthy Japanese food that are easy to replicate at home!
- Learn and try Japanese superfoods - the secrets of Japanese health, longevity and immune boosting that you don’t know much about!
- It is plant-based (Cholesterol free)
- Once you learn the basics of Japanese cooking, it’s easy to add other ingredients you love!
- Take home recipes to impress your friends and family at home!
TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CLASS, CLICK HERE!
For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit my website- https://cookingwithyoshiko.com/terms-of-use/