Join a Book Group in Waimakariri
Experience the benefits of book club:
- regular socialising
- excellent books
- and deeper discussions
Book Discussion Scheme (BDS) are hosting May Meet Ups, designed specifically to bring together people interested in starting, joining or growing book groups. It's a chance to hear about how BDS makes book club easy and fun, and connect with others in your area who are keen to get together and start a club!
If you are:
- currently looking for a book group to join and haven't found one yet
- wanting to start your own book group, but don't have enough people
- part of a group looking for more members
then we invite you to connect at one of our May Meet Ups.
- Tuesday 9 May
- 300 High Street, Rangiora
- Rangiora Town Hall, Function Room (Upstairs)
What to expect
You will be greeted with a complimentary beverage and nibbles on arrival. After a brief period of mingling, we will kick off with a short introduction to BDS — what we offer book groups and how it works — with time for questions. This will be followed by the opportunity to connect with your fellow attendees, exchange details and register your new book club on the night if you wish. Yes, we are bringing pre-loaded book bags so you can leave with your very first book that same night!
The event is free to attend. If your group wishes to register and leave with a book set on the night, there is a $30 one-time registration fee which can be split among your group members. Once you join BDS, our normal membership fees apply which can be viewed at bds.org.nz/fees
We're also holding Meet Ups in two other districts:
Christchurch City District
- Monday 8 May
- 60 Cathedral Square, Christchurch
- Tūranga, Spark Place (Ground floor)
- Wednesday 10 May
- 56 Tennyson Street, Rolleston
- Te Ara Ātea/Rolleston Library, Te Whare Tapere Rua
More information/dietary requirements
If you have further questions or would like dietary requirements catered to, please contact email@example.com
Can't make it, but still keen to join?
Use the handy online map on the BDS website to:
- contact book groups looking for more members
- contact individual readers looking to to start a new group
- list yourself as an individual reader so others can contact you